Monday, August 8, 2011

On Juggling

So yeah, I found myself unable to stay away from Kingsley for so long, and I've wound up revising the current draft of the book using the edits that people have sent me so far. I've been doing about one chapter a day, so I should be finished by two weeks from now.

At the same time, I've been sending sections of Iron Angels in for the writing group to tear apart. That story has surprised me by actually becoming interesting, to the point where my wife actually wants to actually find out what happens at the end. Her current favorite from me is still Kingsley, but I think that Iron Angels has kicked Wolfhound out of the number two spot. It seems likely that the romantic element is the reason for that, but lo que sera, sera.

While all of that is going on, I'm also plugging away on Badger. I think my feet have finally hit ground on the project. This part of Jacob's story moves a bit slower since there is less combat and more politics, but now we are getting to some of the exciting part. Time will tell if the sequel will demand as much revision as the original did. My hope is that I've managed to approve enough that it will not, if only to preserve some of my planned writing schedule.

That's what we're looking at so far, so prayers for support and sanity would be more than welcome. Believe me, I'm going to need them...

No comments:

Post a Comment