Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On Apartments

Recently we have been looking for a new place to live. I have not been enjoying it.

Part of the problem is the fact that both Emily and I are very hesitant about making a decision. When we moved to Texas, we made a somewhat hasty decision on where we were going to live, and that came back to haunt us as we struggled to adjust to Houston. We would very much like to make a better decision this time around, and hopefully end up with a better home because of it.

The other part is that our options are kind of limited. While we would love to have a two bedroom apartment at last, we can’t seem to find one in the complexes we’ve been looking at. At the same time, we want a much safer area than where we have been living, preferably in a neighborhood that doesn’t have break-ins all year round. Minimizing my commute would also be preferable, given that the area we are moving to will have me driving about an hour both ways. Combining all those factors makes for a situation that would give anyone a headache.

Then again, at the very least life will be looking up. In a short while, we will have a better home, and a better situation for ourselves. I suppose that although it is annoying to have to work this stuff out, it is better to be agonizing over two or three good choices than a packet of horrible options. Life could definitely be worse. :)

So, on another note, I’ve started to wonder if a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule just fits the natural rhythm of my week better than Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Let me know if you have any particular preference for seeing my mopey updates go up, and I will try to be accommodating. I hope all is going well for you guys, and I will see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment