Monday, July 12, 2010

On Wandering

I’ve decided that I don’t like books that wander too much. Stories that don’t seem to have a centralized plot, or ones that seem to jump randomly between events rather than following a logical plot, just fail to hold my attention and admiration for long.

That fact has been tormenting me lately. It seems like of the past four books I’ve read, only one of them has had a clear, definite sense of progression instead of a jumbled bunch of random happenings. While there may be a lot of folks that enjoy and even relish in the exploration these novels present, they just don’t appeal to me at all, and it has been frustrating to read them. Especially since, to my narrow view of things, I should get published if they can! Hahaha. Well, they must be doing something right that I’m not. I shall have to figure that out.

Have a good week, everyone, and I’ll see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment