Monday, April 18, 2011

On Not Burning Out

Well, so I've managed to keep up my level of writing. I made 10,000 words at the very last minute of last Saturday, which brings the wordcount for Kingsley up to 60,000 words over all. It was an achievment that I'm actually kind of proud of. After all, I've made a goal and stuck with it in spite of the chaos my life has been lately.

However I am starting to wonder if I am risking a burn out. Sera is managing to keep me on the sleep deprived side, and 10,000 words is not an easy thing to do. On top of that I have my job, a beastly commute and other obligations to take care of as well.

So are there any tricks to keeping up a rough schedule without burning out? Or should I just not whine and get to work? Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I manage to figure the answer out, because life is only going to get more complicated from here. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well, and I will see you around!

1 comment:

  1. I think the key is to find ways to renew your enthusiasm for the writing as you go. For example, I have this soundtrack I put together for my current project, and I'll listen to it at work to get me thinking about my story, "refilling the well." Other than that, just turn off your internal editor and have fun!

    ReplyDelete